WRITING & PUBLICATIONS
- Freitas, C. J., Williams-Reade, J., Distelberg, B., Fox, C. A., & Lister, Z. (2016). Paternal depression during pregnancy and postpartum: An international Delphi study. Journal of Affective Disorders, 202, 128-136.
- Freitas, C. J., & Fox, C. (2015). Fathers matter: Family therapy’s role in the treatment of paternal peripartum depression. Journal of Contemporary Family Therapy, 37(4), 417-425.
- Kuhn, V., Freitas, C., France, B., & Distelberg, B. (2014). Parents in fragile families: The influence of parental engagement on emergency care use in children with asthma. Families, Systems, and Health, 32(4), 389-398.
- Williams-Reade, J., Freitas, C., & Lawson, L.A. (2014). Applying narrative therapy practices in brief medical encounters. Families, Systems, and Health, 32(4), 416-425.
- Estrella, J., Kuhn, V. P., Freitas, C. J, & Wells, M.A. (2015). Expanding the lens: How SERT therapists develop interventions that address the larger context. In C. Knudson-Martin, M. E. Wells, & S. K. Samman (Eds.). Socio-Emotional relationship therapy: Bridging emotion, societal context, and couple interaction (pp. 53-66). New York, NY: Springer
PROFESSIONAL PUBLICATIONS (NON-PEER REVIEWED)
- Freitas, C. (2011, July/August). Family therapists in the primary care setting: What does it take? Family Therapy, 10(4), 30-33.
- Freitas, C. (2012). Moving from the “Unexpected Visitor” to the “Curbside Consult.” Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA) –Medical Family Therapy Blog.
- Freitas, C. (2013). Caring for our Mothers: A Plea for Action. Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA) –Medical Family Therapy Blog.
- Freitas, C. (2016). Why talking about death should be a natural part of life. Darling Magazine Blog.
- Freitas, C. (2016). How to practically define your values. Darling Magazine Blog.
- Freitas, C. (2016). How to overcome creative blocks and find your flow. The Glitter Guide.